Friday, February 23, 2007

The Leafblads in Mankato?

Following the theme from last post, let me offer an update about where we might be next year. There is a church in North Mankato -- the evangelical Covenant Church -- that has a high school pastor position open. Reading through their church description and youth ministry profile, I quickly realized we held similar understandings of what constitutes thriving youth ministry. In point of fact, as I read through the ministry overview, I felt as if I had written it myself. Not a bad thing. All this to say, I am finishing up my resume and cover letter for them this weekend, and praying hopefully that this might be where God would lead us. I've spent considerable time in Mankato, and its a pretty decent city, at least as far as Minnesota cities go. And, after spending three years in Jersey, my distaste for all things Minnesota has been somewhat relativized. Mankato here we come?

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM , Blogger LeahMarie said...

Ah yes- 'considerable time' in Mankato...memories. Best of luck to you.

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

Erik I'm jealous. I hope circumstances bring me back that way. And I agree. Wisconsin's neighbor was the devil when I was there, but living south has made the heart grow fonder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home