Monday, October 01, 2007

My new toy


About a week ago my laptop was stolen. Very depressing. Considering Amy and I didn't really have the money to replace it, we were concerned. I enjoy the freedom of being able to work anywhere, be it a coffee shop or sometimes from home. Beyond that, we need a computer at home, and this was our only one.

Some parents of students in our youth group found out about our misfortune. They banded together and raised enough money for us to purchase a new laptop, so I am now the proud owner of a new Macbook. I just got it today, and it is brilliant. I'm so amazed at the way this thing is so easy to use and figure out. I'm still learning all the new features, but very excited about the potential things I'll be able to use this toy for, not the least of which is innovative ways to communicate with students through video and such. Mac just makes it so easy.

So, thanks to the amazing parents who pulled this off for us. We were both overwhelmed. Now, I need to go figure out how to use more of this thing.

6 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome picture. I take it
that you took it with your
new laptop ?
Hey when you get a chance
check out my blog at:
2013-angel.blogspot.com
Angel

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Lindsay Carney said...

yes, yes, yes...welcome to the light side

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Lindsay Carney said...

oops forgot to log lindsay out. I'm carney

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Joshua Johnson said...

someone please steal my laptop.

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger wes said...

Ah, another Mac lover.

If only we could evangelize for Jesus as well as we have done for TiVo, cigars and MacBooks.

 
At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud that finally all that complaining about computers being slow and not getting anywhere, you've traveled into a new life, experiencing the joys and (sooner or later) pain of owning a Mac. But I'm glad to read all of your blogs and find out how my deep thinking friend is doing. I'm coming to Mankato on November 17th. We should catch up, and talk about your crazy kid. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home