Friday, April 20, 2007

The Hospital

I once was afraid of the hospital. Probably from a couple of surgeries when I was young, coupled with frequent visits to the nursing home to visit my grandpa. The sterility and aroma always seemed like a failed attempt to mask what really went on in some of the rooms. I always felt eerily close to death, as if it lurked around every corner. Yet today as I entered the Princeton Regional Medical Center (arguably the most posh hospital I've ever been to), something completely different overwhelmed me. I was walking into the hospital that would be the stage for my son's entrance into our world. I noticed something different. The ambience was lighter, brighter, evoking a feeling of newness of life. All of this to say, Amy and I are at the hospital now, awaiting the arrival of Soren. I'll update again when he's finally here.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM , Blogger Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

hey, I'll be praying

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home