Friday, November 02, 2007

An Interesting Offer

I've made no progress on my missional theology series. I suppose that's come to be expected here. I'm thinking about giving myself a deadline, and trying to produce one post a month. Maybe that would make me get it done. In any event, I have been blogging, just not here. Our youth group has a blog and I post daily thoughts on Scripture passages for our students.

Speaking of deadlines, I just got an interesting offer. Apparently the fine folks at "Word and World," a journal published by Luther Seminary, got my name as a highly recommended reviewer of books. How that came to be, I have no idea. In any event, they want me to review Andy Root's new book, "Revisiting Relational Youth Ministry." I happily accepted. I have great admiration for Root's work, and look forward to this new book. I need to complete the 900 word review by February 1, so I think I can manage that.

Just thought I'd let all five of you who read this in on my happy news.

11 Comments:

At 1:18 PM , Blogger W. Travis McMaken said...

Congratz on the book review news. Hopefully deadlines will help you. ;-)

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Brit said...

hahaha thats awesome...wish i could get asked to review books...GEEZE

 
At 5:00 AM , Blogger Jenell Williams Paris said...

Great! Nothing improves writing like reviewing and editing others' writing. Next offer...your own book!

 
At 5:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this makes me happy person number four. Congrats, E!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Mrs. Carn-Dog said...

who's mega now

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool, I heard him present @ Princeton's youth forum in the Spring and thought the book looked worthwhile. I'd be VERY interested in how it is.

 
At 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess that makes seven of us that read your excuses, lol. Congrats Erik, keep up the good work.

-Tom

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger David Hallgren said...

This is great. Could you post it after it is done? It would be great to read it. I remember seeing him at PTS. Andy Rook (senior when we were juniors) used to get all of his mail.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Erik said...

I'm not sure if I can post it on here before it comes out in print. Not up to date on my copyright laws and all that stuff. I'll check and if I can, I will.

 
At 6:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not avoid the potential copyright problem by simply translating your review into French or German and posting that on your blog? That way we all can work on our modern languages, and you'll get a second publication!

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Erik said...

Traducion? That's spanish for translation!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home