Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tagged by Josh, called out by Jonathan

So I got tagged by Josh, and got an email from Jonathan calling me out for not posting in over a month. So, I'm back, I guess.

1) One book that changed my life: I find it exceptionally difficult to choose just one, as many books have influenced the direction of my life. I'll say that Barth's Church Dogmatics IV/3.2 most recently redirected my life. Without reading his section on the church for the world, I don't think I would have rethought my vocational direction and I would not be in youth ministry right now. That's a pretty big change, I suppose.

2) One book you have read more than once: Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Every one should read it once, and when you do, you'll read it again.

3) One book you would want on a desert island: Chronicles of Narnia (all combined in one volume so its one book).

4) Two books that made you laugh: Irresistible Revolution and Grudem's Systematic Theology

5) One book that made you cry: Irresistible Revolution

6) One book you wish you'd written: The Brother's Karamazov. So honest and real and true. A close second would be Life Together by Bonhoeffer. To be able to write from such an experience of genuine Christian community with the brilliance and passion and discipline that Bonhoeffer does makes me long for something similar.

7) One book you wish had never been written: Mein Kampf.

8) Two books you are currently reading: Revisiting Relational Youth Ministry by Andrew Root and Intuitive Leadership by Tim Keel. There are others too.

9) One book you've been meaning to read: The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis (or Imitatio Christi)

10) Five people that I tag: Jeff Lee, Josh Johnson, Don Coleman, WTM, and Jenell Paris.

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

To be tagged in a post means you have to have read it, eh?

I guess that's why you replied to my blog after all this time...

 
At 4:36 AM , Blogger W. Travis McMaken said...

Ok - I'll play along.

 
At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=makbit virtual cd/dvd 1.7.0 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

 
At 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]iOioMavleV[/url] - rlZOZmwxTpD - http://yuxeflk.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home